Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alan O'Leary <Al...@corvil.com> on 2004/03/22 14:32:41 UTC

Restricting Maven to certain packages

Hello,
    I am new to Maven but have it running for a project I am working on.
The problem is I am integrating it into an existing large project but
would like to just use it on a specific 'branch' of the project/source
(mine) and show its power to the rest of the people.
    My problem is that I would like to restrict maven to only compile a
certain package, javadoc a certain package and run checkstyle on a
certain package under my root source folder..

Could someone point me to a way via project.xml and project.properties
on how to do this ?

I have specified my source as com.company.package as a compile root and
this works fine as everthing else i need is as dependencies from jar
files.

However I cannot seem to restrict javadoc or checkstyle ? so I can
generate a maven website also restriceted to just this package ?

Any help info appreciated, I know this is not typical use but would
still know how to tweak Maven and its tasks as much as possible...

Thanks in advance
-Alan