Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Emmy Czarny <em...@netscape.net> on 2000/07/28 18:39:38 UTC

FOP error on external-graphic

I have also been getting an error when trying to output a jpg image using the
external-graphic statement and the fop_bin_0_13_0.jar. The error is WARNING:
Unknown formatting object http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format^external-graphic.
If someone could furnish an example that truly works or explain what's wrong
with mine, I would appreciate it.  The error comes out when FOP is processing,
immediately before the "setting up fonts" statement.  I have gotten my images
output successfully using XEP.

My stylesheet statement is like this:
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
  result-ns="fo" indent-result="yes" >

My external-graphic statement looks like this:
<fo:external-graphic src="Word exhibit.jpg" height="2in" width="4.5in"/>

Re: FOP error on external-graphic

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
ok, Fop archive is not available, so maybe the explanations are not accessible at the
moment. The main point is: if you use "external-graphic" to point to a image you are
using the latest xsl:fo spec, which is not supported by any official release version of
Fop. Fop 0.13 just supports the 1999 xsl:fo spec. There you include images with
inline-graphic and the property href.
Now, you have the choice:
Either you go on using Fop 0.13 and then you have to change your xsl:fo statements to
the earlier draft or you want to use the latest spec ("external-graphic"), then you must
use the Fop code in the cvs or wait for the next Fop release, which is due for the 3-
5.8.2000.
Hope this helps,
Fotis