Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@JAMMConsulting.com> on 2006/01/17 06:23:54 UTC

Deployment portlet picking up local path

Hello:

When I try to deploy a simple HelloWorld portlet war file using
the Pluto Deploy War Admin Portlet, the portlet is being put into
Tomcat with the entire path to the war file on my local machine.

Since my development machine is Windows, that pulls in things
like C:\Dev\HelloWorldPortlet\HelloWorldPortlet.HelloWorldPortlet
which is invalid and I get an error in the tomcat logs stating
that ':' is an invalid character.

Is there a way to have Pluto not use the local path?

Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, JAMM Consulting, (214) 986-3533, www.JAMMConsulting.com
FREE! Valuable info on how your business can reduce operating costs by

RE: Deployment portlet picking up local path

Posted by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@JAMMConsulting.com>.
Craig:

The problem occurs because my development machine is Windows and
the server is Linux.

If I change the path to use forward slashes when I upload the
war file, everything works fine.

Thanks,
    Neil

--