Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by mv...@amadeus.net on 2002/09/02 10:43:03 UTC

Re: XalanTranformer::transform using streams (reuse)

Hello,

seekg(0) didn't help.

If I do:

istrstream * pXMLStream = new istrstream( pXMLContent, strlen(pXMLContent)
) ;
cout << "1: " << pXMLStream->rdbuf() << endl;
cout << "2: " << pXMLStream->rdbuf() << endl;

The second output will be empty, unless I use
pXMLStream.rdbuf()->seekpos(0); or pXMLStream.seekg(0);

I thought that the same I should do after calling the
XalanTransformer::transform() method to rewind the stream, but it didn't
help.
Is anything special done to the stream inside this method?

Best regards, Miro.

P.S.: The behavior may be platform dependent, I tried only HP-UX 11.00.