Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Mitch Claborn <mi...@claborn.net> on 2020/09/26 17:16:56 UTC

Weird message on git push remote

NetBeans 12.0, Ubuntu 20.04

When I execute Team -> Remote -> Push to Upstream I get the message:
Push is about to create a new branch "master" in the remote repository.
Do you want to continue and create the branch?

But, there is already a "master" branch in the remote repository.

If I go the longer route (Team -> Remote -> Push...) and then select the
appropriate values for Remote Repository, Local Branch, and Update Local
References) it proceeds smoothly without that message.

Command line (git push origin master) also works without complaining.

What's going on with the first method? Is it maybe selecting the
incorrect default values? There are a number of Local Branches from
which to choose.

--

Mitch