Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2006/12/28 16:55:41 UTC

Comment cleanup?

Adam - there are a bunch of comments in the code that look like:

@link #process(xxxx, ResultSpecification)

I think some of these (most?) need to be fixed to correspond to the new
Results Specification.  Can you take a look?

-Marshall

Re: Comment cleanup?

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On 12/28/06, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:
> Adam Lally wrote:
> > Yes, I'll fix those.  The only ones I see are in AnalysisEngine.java.
> > Are there others I'm missing?
> When I scan the code for "ResultSpecification)" I get about 40 hits.
> Some of these are comments like this in test cases.
> Some are instances that are actually OK.
>
> There's a strange one in UimacppAnalysisComponent.java - makes me wonder
> if we've neglected to fix up the cpp interfaces with the new Result
> Specification approach.

Yes, looks like UimacppAnalysisComponent doesn't support
ResultSpecifications at all anymore.  We'll need to address that once
the C++ enablement layer code is further along.  I'll open a JIRA
issue so we don't forget.

Otherwise, those other references to ResultSpecification all look OK,
except for a little bit of deprecated code that is no longer necessary
and which I deleted.

-Adam

Re: Comment cleanup?

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.