Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Matthew Langham <ml...@sundn.de> on 2001/04/19 15:55:36 UTC

UDDI servers / projects

Hi,

sorry for the bandwidth - but I am not sure how to address this correctly
(and yes I checked out the UDDI list on yahoo):

I have just started "investigating" SOAP and its related technologies using
Apache Soap and also following the Axis stuff.

What seems lacking to me at the moment (and this may already have been
addressed many times) is the lack of UDDI "servers". If I was interested in
deploying SOAP based services inside a large organisation then it would seem
like a good idea to set up some form of UDDI service as a organisational
respository.

As far as I can make out there do not seem to be any UDDI implementations
freely (i.e. under an Apache type licence) and readily available. Why not?
Is there anything planned in this area - parhaps an Apache project or
something similar - what about commercial ones?

Surely something like this must be possible using the xml.apache stuff?

Comments?

Matthew Langham

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]

the Ant build file that simplified my life

Posted by "R. Mark Volkmann" <vo...@home.com>.
Here's an Ant build file that made it far simpler for me to work with Apache
SOAP.
I hope it helps you as much as it did me!
The targets supported are listed below.

 clean          deletes generated files
 cleanTestLogs  deletes generated JUnit log files
 compile        compiles source files
 deploy         deploys the BillServer to Apache SOAP
 javadoc        generates javadoc from all .java files
 list           lists the services deployed to Apache SOAP
 prepare        create output directories
 query          queries the urn:Bill service
 run            runs SOAP client
 sniff          runs Apache SOAP sniffer
 test           runs all JUnit tests
 undeploy       undeploys the BillServer from Apache SOAP
 zip            zips files in this directory

the Ant build file that simplified my life

RE: UDDI servers / projects

Posted by Kamlesh Lal NE <ka...@changepond.com>.
I think IBM has some site where u can host or test ur uddi instead of having
at ur local repositary... the site is
https://www.ibm.com/services/uddi/testregistry/protect/home.htm

kamlesh

RE: UDDI servers / projects