Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by James Gan <ga...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/05 14:57:07 UTC

Is AXIS2 compatiable with WebSphere 6 ?

Hi,

I read an article about AXIS+WebSphere from following address

http://blogs.msdn.com/dotnetinterop/archive/2006/06/14/630836.aspx

It is said that these two softwares are not compatiable.

When I test AXIS2 in WebSphere 6, I can visit the Version and
MyServicethrough REST address. So I guess AXIS2 now works well with
WebSphere 6.
Since I only tested some very basic function. And I just began to use AXIS2
several days before. I worry if some advanced function of AXIS2 is still
compatible with WebSphere 6. Can someone please share his/her experience for
integrating AXIS2 and WebSphere?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Is AXIS2 compatiable with WebSphere 6 ?

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
So firstly let me point out that blog entry is a little FUD-dy. There
is some classpath hacking required to get Axis1 to work in WebSphere
because the WebSphere WS support in 5.x and 6.0 and the Axis code have
some shared dependencies which don't match.

*However there is no problem at all with Axis2.*

Also its a little cheeky to say no support. Sure IBM doesn't support
Axis1 because they didn't write it. But if you find a real bug in
WebSphere which makes Axis1 fail, then they will fix it like any other
bug for any other J2EE code.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle