Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Frank <fa...@hotmail.com> on 2005/04/15 16:00:31 UTC

Help with component expression

Hello, I have the following in Home.Page:

 <component id="InstertAuthorTable" type="contrib:Table">
        <binding name="tableModel" expression="AuthorTable"/>
    </component>

Web server reports:

Unable to resolve expression 'AuthorTable' for tutorial.HibLib.Home@c5122f[Home]

I do not understand what is wrong. What does AuthorTable mean?

Thanks

Frank.

Re: Help with component expression

Posted by Frank <fa...@hotmail.com>.
I changed it, I now get

Unable to resolve expression 'authorTable' for
tutorial.HibLib.Home@18eb7b8[Home].

I can send you the HibLib zip file if you need to look at it.

Thanks
Frank
Posted by Markus Eberle <ma...@tngtech.com>.
No, you don't have to rename it, is ok so.
Have you tried to rename
<binding name="tableModel" expression="AuthorTable"/>
in to

Posted by Markus Eberle <ma...@tngtech.com>.
On Friday 15 April 2005 16:00, Frank wrote:
> Hello, I have the following in Home.Page:
>
>  <component id="InstertAuthorTable" type="contrib:Table">
>         <binding name="tableModel" expression="AuthorTable"/>
>     </component>
>
> Web server reports:
>
> Unable to resolve expression 'AuthorTable' for tutorial.HibLib.Home@c5122f[Home]
>
> I do not understand what is wrong. What does AuthorTable mean?

Your page class has to have a method
	ITableModel getAuthorTableModel()
that returns the table model (~ Table data) for this table.

HTH
	Markus