Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by AP <ap...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/01 15:58:38 UTC

Re: Rampart 1.2 with Axis2 1.3 final release

Hi all,

After Installing rampart 1.3 and clean install of Axis2 1.3 the samples
worked.  As I was going through the samples, I found the following issues,
would be great if anyone can give me some tips on how to resolve these.

1.  All server samples in basic folder started without errors
2.  When executing the clients the following was observed:

a.  samples 1,2,3,4,8 worked perfectly!
b.  samples 5,6,7,10,11 all got the same error on the client side:

     [java] Caused by: org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException:
WSHandler: E
cryption: error during message
processingorg.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityExcep
ion: An unsupported signature or encryption algorithm was used (unsupported
key
transport encryption algorithm: No such algorithm:
http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xm
enc#rsa-1_5)

Any advice on how to resolve this?

c.  sample 9 got the following error on client side:

     [java] Caused by: org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException:
WSHandler: En
cryption: error during message
processingorg.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityExcept
ion: An unsupported signature or encryption algorithm was used; nested
exception
 is:
     [java]     org.apache.xml.security.encryption.XMLEncryptionException:
Canno
t find any provider supporting AES/CBC/ISO10126Padding
     [java] Original Exception was java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException:
Canno
t find any provider supporting AES/CBC/ISO10126Padding
     [java]     at org.apache.ws.security.action.EncryptionAction.execute
(Encryp

Any advice would be grealy appreciated.

Thank you very much,
AP

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
On 11/1/07, AP <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After searching on wss4j mailing list I found that the following resolves my
> problem:
>
> 1.  Download the bouncycastle jar file from:  http://www.bouncycastle.org/
> and place it in your JRE's lib/ext directory java.security file:
>
> 2.  Add the following line to java.security file of your JRE:
>
> security.provider.6=org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider
>
> 3. restart server/client.
>
> After this, the error:
>
> No such algorithm: http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmenc#rsa-1_5
>
> would be nice if this was noted in the readme.txt of Rampart.

Will make sure this is mentioned in the next release!

Thanks,
Ruchith

http://blog.ruchith.org
http://wso2.org

Re: Rampart 1.2 with Axis2 1.3 final release

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by AP <ap...@gmail.com>.