Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/30 06:03:13 UTC

[Axis2] Feeback on 1.1.1-RC1

Hi all,
It's been almost a week since the 1.1.1-RC1 release[1].. We would like
to know about your experience with it, so that we can go ahead with
the 1.1.1 (may be a RC2 if there are major issues)...

Thanks a lot,
Thilina

[1] http://people.apache.org/~thilina/axis2/1.1.1-RC1/
--
Thilina Gunarathne
WSO2, Inc.; http://www.wso2.com/

Re: [Axis2] Feeback on 1.1.1-RC1

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mary,
> Thilina,
>    Now that Christmas vacation is over maybe you will get some feedback.
Yes.. We decided to wait till Friday for the most valuable feedback...

> I tried it out today and it works ok with my  Tomcat/https/rampart
> 1.1/soap 1.2 deployment.
Great...

> However, I can't tell if you have fixed the problems with the version
> service.  There is mail from  Deepal Jayasinghe on 12/18 that implies it
> was fixed on the 1.1 branch, (see below). When I now click on the
> version link on the services list, it just displays the wsdl. If I go to
>   the url at axis2/rest/Version/getVersion, it does return a version.
> Also the happyAxis page says that version did not work and it generates
> the following error log messages in catalina.out
If possible, please open a Jira for this issue together with the given log's...

> It would be nice if this worked the way it used to cira axis1 1.0.
Ooops.. This scares me.. Can you elaborate a bit more..

> While I know it is a lot of work, it is really helpful when the release
> notes give a clue as to what bugs have been fixed. A reference to the
> specific jira's would be great.
Yes... I think this is doable with the Jira.. Will try for the 1.1.1...

Thanks,
Thilina

Re: [Axis2] Feeback on 1.1.1-RC1

Posted by Mary Thompson <mr...@lbl.gov>.
Thilina,
   Now that Christmas vacation is over maybe you will get some feedback.
I tried it out today and it works ok with my  Tomcat/https/rampart
1.1/soap 1.2 deployment.

However, I can't tell if you have fixed the problems with the version
service.  There is mail from  Deepal Jayasinghe on 12/18 that implies it
was fixed on the 1.1 branch, (see below). When I now click on the
version link on the services list, it just displays the wsdl. If I go to
  the url at axis2/rest/Version/getVersion, it does return a version.
Also the happyAxis page says that version did not work and it generates
the following error log messages in catalina.out

Jan 2, 2007 5:16:28 PM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
executeWithRetry
INFO: I/O exception (org.apache.axis2.AxisFault) caught when processing
request: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building
failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException:
unable to find valid certification path to requested target; nested
exception is:
         com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
find valid certification path to requested target
Jan 2, 2007 5:16:28 PM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
executeWithRetry
INFO: Retrying request
[...]
null

Gul Onural wrote:

 > > Hi,
 > > I am trying to setup https access to Axis2 in tomcat. I have
 > > configured the tomcat to use https on port 8443.
 > > I can get access to the list of services using
 > > _https://localhost:8443/axis2/services/listServices_.
 > > I can see "version" in the list of available services, but when I
 > > click the version I get 500 error.
 > > What else I need to do to get https access working for a services ?
 > > Gul
 > >
 > > *HTTP Status 500 - *
 > > *type* Exception report
 > > *message*
 > > *description*_ The server encountered an internal error () that
 > > prevented it from fulfilling this request._
 > > *exception*
 > > java.lang.NullPointerException

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.ListingAgent$HTTPSListener.getEPRsForService(ListingAgent.java:406)

 > > org.apache.axis2.description.AxisService.getEPRs(AxisService.java:625)

org.apache.axis2.description.AxisService.printWSDL(AxisService.java:600)

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.ListingAgent.processListService(ListingAgent.java:184)

 > > org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doGet(AxisServlet.java:177)
 > >         javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
 > >         javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
 > > *note*_ The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the
 > > Apache Tomcat/5.5.15 logs._

-- Thanks, Deepal