Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Sanjay Jeurkar <sa...@mahindrabt.com> on 2001/06/26 15:38:24 UTC

Using SSL /HTTPS in Soap

Hi,
I am trying to use SSL in Soap2.2  by using Apache Tomcat 3.2.
I have configured Tomcat for SSL and it is working fine.
I want to access service like Address deployed on Apache through SSL by
using URL
https://localhost:8443/soap/servlet/rpcrouters from client using
GetAddress class.
For that i created keys  by using keytool utility and Certificates for
server.
But while importing certificate from SSL certificate generated using
www.thawte.com i am getting error that Encoding type is not supported.
If anybody knows in details how to create and use keys & certificates in
this context?
Has anybody worked out example on soap using SSL?

Sanjay