Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com> on 2014/04/05 13:57:39 UTC

ISIS concept

Wow! I just stumbled upon ISIS... it looks great. I am very much into
domain driven apps and it's awesome that it uses my preferred ORM
(Datanucleus) and my preferred Java UI framework (Wicket!).

A collision of like minds!

Regards,
Chris

Re: ISIS concept

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
On 5 April 2014 13:14, Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com> wrote:

> How 'intense' do the UI capabilities get?

A good example - that Jeroen, one of our other committers, and I have been
working on (just went fully live a few weeks ago) is Estatio, at [1].

Unusually, though this was written for a commercial company, they've made
the software open source (for which we are very grateful).

> Like say you want to make a
> location selector with a drop down for each of:
>
> World Region
> Country
> State/Province

Then when you change selection in one of the top 2 drop downs the drop
> downs below repopulate to show content relative to the items selected
> above?

See [2].  And in general, do spend the time to explore our documentation [3]

> Is it possible to imply that kind of UI interaction from a model with a
> class diagram that looks something like:
>
> WorldRegion 1 -- * Country 1 -- * State
>
> ?

Currently the Wicket viewer only supports this for action parameters, not
for editable forms, so unfortunately not.  But what we find that for larger
domains, we tend to use actions much more than simple editing of objects,
so it's no great hardship.

Cheers
Dan

[1] https://github.com/estatio/estatio
[2]
http://isis.apache.org/how-tos/how-to-03-022-How-to-specify-dependent-choices-for-action-parameters.html
[3] http://isis.apache.org/documentation.html

RE: ISIS concept

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.
How 'intense' do the UI capabilities get? Like say you want to make a

Re: ISIS concept

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Chris,