Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Girish Nagaraj <gi...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/09 11:36:08 UTC

Unable to migrate 1.1 POM using jar dependency to Maven 2

Hi,

1) I have a maven 1.1 project.xml which uses the JAR option to define the
dependencies
For example:
    <dependency>
      <groupId>mydep</groupId>
      <artifactId>JDBC</artifactId>
      <jar>ojdbc14.jar</jar>
    </dependency>

I tried converting this to Maven2 POM following instructions on the maven
site, but not sure what is the alternative for <jar> ?

2) After this, to start over from scratch, I just picked up the minimal pom
from the site and trying to run mvn site with this POM results in the
following exception

[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not
exist or
 no valid version could be found

I have put-in a settings.xml which has the correct proxy host and port, but
still not able to get the command running even with a -U option.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Girish

Re: Unable to migrate 1.1 POM using jar dependency to Maven 2

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
1) in m2, all jars must be in repository (local or remote)
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-installing-3rd-party-jars.html

In your case :
      <dependency>
        <groupId>ojdbc</groupId>
        <artifactId>ojdbc</artifactId>
        <version>14</version>
      </dependency>

The pom for ojdbc is already in ibiblio repository, but we can't distribute ojdbc jar.

2) Remove org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-site-plugin directory in your local repository

Emmanuel

Posted by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com>.
If you require "the same" behavior, use <systemPath> instead in M2.

This JIRA has good explanations from Brett and John on it, that preferred
way is via repo, not local reference paths, and it must be an absolute path
(you can use ${basedir} to start it):
  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1471