Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Hendrik Neumann <he...@web.de> on 2004/12/12 22:13:58 UTC

How to change the layout of the layout component

Hi everybody,

I'm currently using your x:panelLayout-Component to structure my Sites. Now I
want to implement some special buttons, for example a "supersize"-button
which renderes the same jsf-site without the navigation element or a
"print"-button which renderes the same site without navigation- and
header-elements. But how (and where) can I influence the layout of your
x:panelLayout-Component?

 <x:panelLayout
   id="page"
   layout="#{userOptions.layout}"
   styleClass="pageLayout" headerClass="pageHeader"
   navigationClass="pageNavigation" bodyClass="pageBody"
   footerClass="pageFooter">

Greetings,
Hendrik

Re: How to change the layout of the layout component

Posted by Hendrik Neumann <he...@web.de>.
Thank you Manfred. I think I'll write my own renderer and replace the
"html-table-layout"-solution through div-areas which are positioned by css (I
think that this is more XHTML-conform).

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org>.
Hendrik,
The <x:panelLayout>-Component is straight-forward and not very
sophisticated. The rendering is done in one of the hardcoded(!)
render*-methods in HtmlLayoutRenderer. So you could either extend our
existing HtmlLayoutRenderer or subclass or replace the
HtmlLayoutRenderer by your own renderer.

Manfred