Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Boris Burtin <bb...@zimbra.com> on 2008/09/24 01:51:22 UTC

Access to script comments in jSieve 0.2?

I'm in the process of upgrading from jSieve 0.1 to jSieve 0.2. I was able to resolve all the API differences except one. We use a kind of hacky trick to encode the name of a filter rule into a script comment. We then use SieveNode.getComment() to read back the rule name. I did some searches of the 0.2 API's, and it looks like there's no more access to script comments. Is this the case?

Thanks,

Boris

Re: Access to script comments in jSieve 0.2?

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Hi Boris,

I checked the sources and since the sources have been imported to ASF
(2004) the getComment is not there.
Unfortunately I was not here in 2004 and I don't know the rationale
behind the removal of that method.

I read that you used comments to name rules, is there any other way you
could do this using custom sieve commands?

Stefano