Posted to dev@usergrid.apache.org by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/12 01:58:55 UTC

[DRAFT] Usergrid Report

Hey all,
  Below is the Usergrid report.  Sorry for the short notice, I need to get
it in tomorrow morning. If you have any questions, corrections, or
feedback, please let me know.

 -  Usergrid is Backend-as-a-Service (BaaS) composed of an integrated
    database (Cassandra), a query engine (Elastic Search), and
    application layer and client tier with SDKs for developers.

## Issues:
 -  There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Activity:
 - Unique value implementation has been moved to Akka.  This has increased
data stability significantly for unique name values.
 - The multi-region queueing via Akka (Qakka), has been released (Thanks
Dave for this).

## Health report:
 - Usergrid is healthy and the community is growing at a moderate pace.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 25 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Mike Dunker on Mon Jan 18 2016

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 14 committers.
 - Last committer addition was George Reyes at Tue Sep 29 2015

## Releases:

 - Last release was 2.1.0 on Wed Feb 17 2016

## Mailing list activity:

 - dev@usergrid.apache.org:

 - user@usergrid.apache.org:

## JIRA activity:

Re: [DRAFT] Usergrid Report

Posted by Michael Russo <ru...@google.com.INVALID>.
It's optional and I think the configuration will still default to in memory
queuing in the next release since it's so new.  We built Qakka within the
corepersistence libraries so it can run embedded in Usergrid or as a
standalone service with a http API. Typical Usergrid deployments will use
it embedded to prevent the need for deploying another standalone service.

--
-Russo from Mobile

Re: [DRAFT] Usergrid Report

Posted by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com>.