Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by sonxurxo <so...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/17 13:30:39 UTC

CheckGroups in Form with CompoundPropertyModel

Hi all,

In Wicket 1.4.9, I'm trying to show a form that will let the user to create
one entity (A) of my domain model. That entity has some simple properties,
and a List that associates it with another entity class (B) (in fact, in
that another entity B this issue happens again with a third entity C).

I'd want to show the user a checkgroup with as many checks as possible B
instances can be associated with the A instance he's creating (again, I'd
want to show, for each B instance, a checkgroup with checks for each C
instance that can be associated with the B instance).

I'm using (and I'd like not to have to reject that) a CompoundPropertyModel
for my form.

As I am creating a new instance, the model for the form is empty of data.

The problem is that the instances of B that can be associated with each A
instance are not in the model I am using (in fact I'd like to retrieve them
from database, having nothing to do with my form's model object). So the
form is not showing anything.

I'd tried to pre-fill my supposed-to-be-empty A instance and yes, that
works, but then all checks appear checked. I'd tried then to override
onComponentTag for the checks to remove the "checked" attribute but then
when submitting the form my model was empty.

Any hints? TIA