Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/29 07:04:15 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache ECharts 4.2.1 (release candidate 1)

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the release of Apache ECharts
4.2.1 (release candidate 1).

Apache ECharts community has voted and approved the release.

Vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/30a097ec4cc086e91ee3dee2b6b10ae53da76fee7115dd263ea0120d@%3Cdev.echarts.apache.org%3E

Results thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8c9c2b1a464acc6aa353ac6429075cf3c864ed518d66bf04f36e71ed@%3Cdev.echarts.apache.org%3E

The release candidate to be voted over is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/echarts/4.2.1-rc.1/

The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/echarts/KEYS

The Git commit for this release is:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-echarts.git;a=commit;h=9234f03

The Release Note is available in:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/echarts/4.2.1-rc.1/RELEASE_NOTE.txt

Some shell commands for validating the release:

```shell
# Download the release:
curl
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/echarts/4.2.1-rc.1/apache-echarts-4.2.1-rc.1-incubating-src.zip
-o apache-echarts-4.2.1-rc.1-incubating-src.zip
unzip apache-echarts-4.2.1-rc.1-incubating-src.zip -d
apache-echarts-4.2.1-rc.1-incubating-src > /dev/null

# Rebuild the project (Node.js environment is required):
cd "apache-echarts-4.2.1-rc.1-incubating-src" && npm install && cd ..
node "apache-echarts-4.2.1-rc.1-incubating-src/build/build.js" --release
# (See help: `node
"apache-echarts-4.2.1-rc.1-incubating-src/build/build.js" --help`)
```

Please vote on releasing this package as:
Apache ECharts 4.2.1 (release candidate 1)
by "2019-02-01T07:39:41.921Z".

[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers, please
feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your votes.

--------------------------

Zhang Wenli
http://zhangwenli.com

Re: Chinese site echarts.baidu.com Was:: [VOTE] Release Apache ECharts 4.2.1 (release candidate 1)

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

It look like there are several ECharts in the ecomfe repositories - https://github.com/ecomfe?utf8=✓&q=echarts&type=&language= <https://github.com/ecomfe?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=echarts&type=&language=>

Which are essential to ECharts? Those that are ought to become part of this project. There are several concerns including licensing, etc. First let’s review the list.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Clement Ho <cl...@gitlab.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Moving from the incubator general list.

> Those projects do not belong to apache-echarts.

Right I did not say they were. They are using the ECharts name incorrectly, see [1] on use of Apache names by 3rd parties [2] and attribution [3].

Part of being a member of the PPMC is to protect their brand [4][5]. So the question is what the ECharts PPMC going to do about this?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/guide
2. https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/events#naming
3. https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/events#attributions
4. http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#brand-policy
5. http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#brand-report

Re: Chinese site echarts.baidu.com Was:: [VOTE] Release Apache ECharts 4.2.1 (release candidate 1)

Posted by SHUANG SU <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin & Dave,

> for instance:
> https://github.com/ecomfe/vue-echarts
> https://github.com/ecomfe/echarts-for-weixin
> https://github.com/ecomfe/echarts-liquidfill
> https://github.com/ecomfe/echarts-gl
> https://github.com/ecomfe/echarts-graph-modularity
> https://github.com/ecomfe/echarts-miniBI
> https://github.com/ecomfe/echarts-stat
> https://github.com/ecomfe/echarts-gallery-feedback ("Official Feedback
Repository for ECharts Gallery”)
> https://github.com/ecomfe/echarts-boilerplate

Those projects do not belong to apache-echarts.
They are some extensions based on apache-echarts or examples or some tools
help to make
data visualization using to echarts,
just like the other thousands of repos related to echarts if searching
"echarts" on GitHub.

The official website project is
https://github.com/apache/incubator-echarts-website.git
And we need do more discussion about it in dev@echarts.

Thanks
------------------------------
 Su Shuang (100pah)
------------------------------

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ECharts 4.2.1 (release candidate 1)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

-1 (binding) die to incorrect headers on D3 files

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes correct
- DISCLAIMER exits
- LICENSE has some issues (see below)
- NOTICE needs year updating. Please fix for next release.
- All files have ASF headers, but some may have them incorrectly
- No unexpected binary files

The D3 files mentioned in LICENSE doesn’t seem to follow ASF 3rd party header policy [7].

This file in particular looks problematic [1] with an ASF header and a D3 one further down.
This files [2][3][4][6] have double headers.
This file mentioned din LICENSE doesn’t exist [5]

There is also possible a more serious issue re branding, trademarks and project independence. Now it possible that this has already been discussed, and there are plans to remove it, but what is being done about this domain name? https://echarts.baidu.com. Please add something in your podling report about this.

Thanks,
Justin

1. ./src/util/number.js
2. src/chart/treemap/treemapLayout.js