Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/11 15:07:59 UTC

build failure on 4.0.0-incubating branch

Is anyone else seeing this issue at the moment?

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.wso2.maven:carbon-p2-plugin:1.5.3:p2-feature-gen
(4-p2-feature-generation) on project
org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller.feature: ERROR: Failure to find
org.apache.stratos:ec2:jar:1.7.1-stratos in
http://maven.wso2.org/nexus/content/groups/wso2-public/ was cached in
the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the
update interval of wso2-nexus has elapsed or updates are forced
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Then, install it using the command:
[ERROR] mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.stratos
-DartifactId=ec2 -Dversion=1.7.1-stratos -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy
the file there:
[ERROR] mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.stratos
-DartifactId=ec2 -Dversion=1.7.1-stratos -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] org.apache.stratos:ec2:jar:1.7.1-stratos

This error was observed on a fresh build on a brand new VM development
environment.  I repeated the build twice, both on brand new
environments, both times hitting the same error.

It looks like Martin run into this before [1].

---
[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/stratos-dev/201404.mbox/%3CCA+-yGgkDhAZqwTibA8C0R5uGqZb5uAGUoVuX8uVVE0XHqaA8cg@mail.gmail.com%3E

Re: build failure on 4.0.0-incubating branch

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have now fix this problem in
4.0.0-incubating branch and pushed the changes to the remote repo.

Please do a clean repo build and verify the fix.

Thanks

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Sathyasuriya Priya <sa...@gmail.com>.
hi Chris,

I am also hitting this issue while trying your stratos-vagrant-box setup
scripts.
Could you pls share the resolution for this issue.
I was trying to comment the following line in checkout() in
stratos/stratos.sh

git checkout ${STRATOS_SRC_VERSION}

I was hitting some other issues(system crash due to overheat, etc). So not
able to test yet.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1 Chris.

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nirmal,

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Isuru Perera <is...@wso2.com>.
On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 10:26 AM, Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Isuru,
>
> On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 10:15 AM, Isuru Perera <is...@wso2.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 9:57 AM, Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Guys,
>>>
>>> This is nothing to do with test failures or there's nothing to go and
>>> say to jclouds dev@ here.
>>>
>> I just said to report only "if" there are issues building jclouds without
>> tests. That's what I also noticed previously where jclouds dependency was
>> failing if we build without tests.
>>

> Then the failure should be at jclouds dependency, not at cloud-controller
> feature :-)

Yes! You can see that I just involved in this thread as Udara was telling
about jclouds tests and asking to create a JIRA! :-)

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Isuru,

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.

Posted by Isuru Perera <is...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Guys,

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.

http://lnkd.in/cw5k69

Re: build failure on 4.0.0-incubating branch

Posted by Isuru Perera <is...@wso2.com>.
Hi Chris,

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi Chris,

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Udara,

Why does Stratos' jclouds fork require test to be enabled for it to
build?  Is there a JIRA raised to get this fixed?

Cheers,

Chris

Posted by Isuru Perera <is...@wso2.com>.
On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 7:07 AM, Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> The reason for this is you build the projects with test disabled. Building
> jclouds without test causes the problem I guess.

This does not seem to be a problem with tests jar not being there. If the
build failing to find a dependency to some "tests", then only we should
build with tests. I do not find any test related in the log given by Chris.

I think this is some other issue.