Posted to dev@spot.apache.org by Tadd Wood <ta...@apache.org> on 2020/01/24 06:21:16 UTC

[asf-site] Clean-up duplicate files and directories

After digging into the asf-site branch for a bit, I've noticed there are
duplicate files and directories which could likely be removed. Some of
these even look like Wordpress carryovers that can either be removed or
consolidated. I’d like to clean this up so we have a better baseline for
the site's structure. I think in a follow-up project it would be worth
reorganizing the site a bit too so that it's easier to expand and add-to.
Thoughts?

Thank you,
Tadd Wood

Re: [asf-site] Clean-up duplicate files and directories

Posted by Vivienne Pustell <vi...@yellingviv.com>.
I’m always a huge fan of cleaning up files, especially cleaning out old
Wordpress stuff, yikes. A better baseline structure sounds like a really
valuable use of effort.

Best,
-Vivienne

Posted by Jeremy Nelson <je...@digitalminion.com>.
I also think this is a great idea. After looking at the asf-site and
reviewing the last few PRs, the structure seems a bit confusing.
Maybe to be safe, we should push a branch to archive the current asf-site
structure in case there's a critical file we find out later needs to be
recovered?

Jeremy

Posted by Tadd Wood <ta...@apache.org>.
Jose, since it looks like you're already subscribed to the dev list I would
also suggest getting an account setup on the Apache JIRA site so that you
can open tickets and explore issues or comment on outstanding issues.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPOT/

Is there a particular component you're interested in digging into or
contributing to?  There's also a project board in Github that has groups of
different issues that can be claimed as well, especially those marked as
"Tickets that need action".

https://github.com/apache/incubator-spot/projects/1

Feel free to start a new thread in the dev list once you've got a project
or discussion you're interested in kicking off.

Thank you,
Tadd Wood

Posted by Jose Delgado <jo...@gmail.com>.