Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2004/07/03 22:22:45 UTC

Closing a sandbox project Was: [ANN] Chain Promoted to Commons Proper

a) cvs remove everything and add a README.txt or STATUS.html to indicate
that it is dead.

b) kill it. I effectively did this with 'io' as I merely moved the old
sandbox repo bodily over into the main commons module.

c) cvs remove everything, then use it as a development branch. This has
been done before, but not much recently.

My view is b) a) c), but I suspect the community view is more a) b) c).

Hen

Re: Closing a sandbox project Was: [ANN] Chain Promoted to Commons Proper

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
(a)
Stephen

Posted by Rodney Waldhoff <rw...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, Henri Yandell wrote:

> a) cvs remove everything and add a README.txt or STATUS.html to indicate
> that it is dead.
>
> b) kill it. I effectively did this with 'io' as I merely moved the old
> sandbox repo bodily over into the main commons module.
>
> c) cvs remove everything, then use it as a development branch. This has
> been done before, but not much recently.
>
> My view is b) a) c), but I suspect the community view is more a) b) c).

I also prefer (b), as this saves the version history.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Move Jakarta-Commons to SVN, and use svn (re)move as necessary.

	--- Noel