Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Gregor Kovač <ko...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/04 22:47:58 UTC

FlatLaf tab height

Hi!

I've started using newly released 11.3 with FlatLaf UI, but height of the
tabs is greater than I like them. Is there a way to alter the height of
tabs?

Best regards,
    Kovi

Re: FlatLaf tab height

Posted by Hans Grimmelshausen <Fa...@mail.de>.
Hello,

In the (unfortunately short) documentation of the the very nice FlatLaf, its
author Karl describes here: https://www.formdev.com/flatlaf/customizing/
… how to customize the FlatLaf. Next to his few examples, he links to the
long list of  properties: "More can be found in the properties files here."

In this link he links to his used FlatLaf properties files here:
https://github.com/JFormDesigner/FlatLaf/blob/master/flatlaf-core/src/main/resources/com/formdev/flatlaf/FlatLaf.properties

And the fewer child properties here:
https://github.com/JFormDesigner/FlatLaf/blob/master/flatlaf-core/src/main/resources/com/formdev/flatlaf/FlatLightLaf.properties

In any case, what you search could be this, but I'm not sure:

#---- TabbedPane ----
TabbedPane.tabHeight=32

And to change such settings is easy, as Karl shows in his above link. For
example I like these settings:
    FlatLightLaf.install();
    UIManager.put("TabbedPane.hasFullBorder", true);
    UIManager.put("TabbedPane.tabSelectionHeight", 4);
    UIManager.put("TabbedPane.showTabSeparators", true);
    …

Question to FlatLaf experts: in our own program we can change these settings
like shown above. But how would we tell Netbeans to use these changed
properties, i.e. so that NB shows them, too?

And another question, please, since FlatLaf directly supports HiDPI: how to
use FlatLaf's feature "scalable vector icons" ? Is this related to Netbeans'
plug-in "SVG Loader: Service provider for ImageUtilities' SVGLoader interface ?

Greetings,
Hans