Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Naveen Kumar B V <na...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/28 13:23:33 UTC

Customer Registration module in OFBiz without address details.

Hi,

    Can we register a new customer in OFBiz without accepting the address
details?

Scenario:

     I have integrated OpenId with OFBiz, and a user is successfully
authenticated against an OpenID Provider (Eg: Google).
Now i need to fit this with the normal registration flow in ofbiz, because i
feel it is inappropriate to code the entire module of MAINTAINING USER
SESSION, etc
and other such functionalities which are already provided by OFBiz OOTB
implementation.

Note: User details available from an OpenId provider are limited like:
FirstName, LastName, FullName, Email, Language, & Gender.

So, i will bind only the parameters available above in the registration form
(custom implementation) and ask the user ONLY for a change in userName if
REQUIRED.
(*** Since userId has to be saved in OFbiz DB for other purporses).

 At this point, can i ignore all the other details(address) required while
registration so that i can successfully save the user in OFBiz DB also. And
accept address details,
when the customer is actually placing an order at a later stage.

What is the after-effect for the above implementation?

Please excuse me if the explanation is a bit lengthy, and point me out if i
am going wrong. What needs to be done to get this working.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Naveen Kumar B.V

Re: Customer Registration module in OFBiz without address details.

Posted by rohit <ro...@yahoo.com>.
hi,

yes, its possible to register a customer without the address details. we use
the service 'createPersonAndUserLogin' to do this. you can probably use the
same service, using some default password required to be changed at first
log-on. the only parameters that you necessarily need is the first name,
last name, userloginId and the password to run this service. the rest of the
data can be added as and when necessary.

hope it helps.

rohit

-----
http://www.saanjhi.com saanjhi.com

Re: Customer Registration module in OFBiz without address details.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
look at quickCreateCustomer service

Note: you can use the artifactinfo in webtools.
put in, as an example, customer it will return all things related to
customer.
you can then look at all the services related to customer.

BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Naveen Kumar B V sent the following on 12/28/2010 4:23 AM: