Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by "Frederick N. Brier" <fn...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/13 05:37:02 UTC

Updated and trimmed Velocity on Github

I posted this in a sub-tree of messages, so some people may not have
seen it, but I pushed a Mavenized and updated version of Velocity 1.7,
that builds under Maven3, and was updated for Java 7, along with all the
libraries except for the parser, up to Github
<https://github.com/fbrier/velocity>.  I delayed pushing it because I
was asked to merge with the 2.0 branch and I never had a chance.  Plus
the changes and commits to my own repo were pretty radical in moving
files around and stripping out commons-logging.  It does build, pass all
of its tests and installs the jar in your local Maven repo.

There is a lot I did not do, as I moved the code related to anakia,
runtime, servlet, and texen into ./src/alt (vs. ./src/java), to keep it,
but push it off to the side.  My intention was to create a multi-module
build where those 4 sub-projects would have their own jar and could be
included as a Maven dependency for those that needed them.  So you would
have velocity-anakia and velocity-texen. Unfortunately, I never had the
time...  With all the comments, I would probably try and make the parser
a Maven sub-module too.  It is nice to see all the activity on the project.

Fred