Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY)" <vi...@lexisnexis.com> on 2008/02/27 18:22:52 UTC

Consumed Messages are not getting removed in AMQ5.0 stable release

Hi,

I am using AMQ5.0 (stable release) with journals and MySQL persistence,
what I am noticing is the consumed messages are not cleaning up
permanently and because of that Memory usage continually growing over
the time. In couple of days it gets over 1.5 GB.

When I purge the Queues using JConsole the messages are finally cleaning
up and memory usage drops. I am wondering is there a configuration
setting some where to tell AMQ5.0 to not to keep the messages around
once they are consumed.

Please let me know this seems like a stability concern for AMQ5.0.

Thanks!

Vik

RE: Consumed Messages are not getting removed in AMQ5.0 stable release

Posted by "Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY)" <vi...@lexisnexis.com>.
Yes some of my subscribers are using message selectors, but not all of them but this issue is there for both type of subscribers, I don't think its related to selectors.

Thanks!

Vik

Have yours subscribers using message selector?

I am facing the same issue.

Rgds,

Márcio Moraes

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Do you guys have junit test cases demonstrating the problem?

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 7:17 PM, Márcio Moraes <mm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Have yours subscribers using message selector?
>
>  I am facing the same issue.
>
>  Rgds,
>
>  Márcio Moraes
>
>  2008/2/27, Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY) <vi...@lexisnexis.com>:
>  >
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > I am using AMQ5.0 (stable release) with journals and MySQL persistence,
>  > what I am noticing is the consumed messages are not cleaning up
>  > permanently and because of that Memory usage continually growing over
>  > the time. In couple of days it gets over 1.5 GB.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > When I purge the Queues using JConsole the messages are finally cleaning
>  > up and memory usage drops. I am wondering is there a configuration
>  > setting some where to tell AMQ5.0 to not to keep the messages around
>  > once they are consumed.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Please let me know this seems like a stability concern for AMQ5.0.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Thanks!
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Vik
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://open.iona.com

Re: Consumed Messages are not getting removed in AMQ5.0 stable release

Posted by Márcio Moraes <mm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,