Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Wendt, Alexander" <al...@volkswagen.de> on 2003/11/12 11:10:10 UTC

encode utf-8 -> problem with äöü

Sorry guys for asking the same question again, but I don't get it.

I've studied all the mails to this problem and tried most of the solutions.

To make it short:

Problem:
Copying "abc-äöü.txt" results in "abc-äÃü.txt" (DAVExplorer 0.90 shows
"abc-???"). (Typical "no utf-8"-problem)
Even deleting the fault txt results in an error, because try deleting
"abc-äÃü.txt" on the client-side means "abc-ÃâÃÂÃÅ.txt" on the
server-slide. So this is a coil.

Server:
- SuSE Linux 8.1
- tomcat 4.1.27 & 29
- slide-nightly-bins around July 'til Sept (last 02.09).
- tomcat-MySQL-Auth, JDBC-store/MySQL-store & filestore (metadata and data)

Clients:
- win XP webfolder
- DAVExplorer
- many more, but they don't count, 'til it works with this two.

Solutions tried:
- "org.apache.slide.urlEncoding=UTF-8" in
"..WEB-INF/classes/slide.properties"
- update webfolder-dll to sharepoint server portal v2.0 beta 2 (Got new
icons but no change)
- java, tomcat & slide in various versions
- tried to trace with nettool, had no success within 5 mins, so ..
- many other thinks, but timewasters

So please, could anyone help me.

PS: My next attempt is to test a naked slide-server-conf (with
default-store).

Re: encode utf-8 -> problem with äöü

Posted by Ingo Brunberg <ib...@fiz-chemie.de>.
I assume by "copying" you mean uploading a file to Slide. Could you
please test the Slide command line client. If it doesn't work, too, we
should have a look at the server side.

Reagrds,
Ingo