Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> on 2018/05/22 14:59:01 UTC

[Numbers] Porting root solvers (Was: [Numbers] More modules [...])

Hi.

On Tue, 22 May 2018 08:40:35 +0530, Gimhana Nadeeshan wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> While Porting  the codes in [1] I discovered below problems.
>
> commons-numbers-rootsolver (with codes from package
>> "org.apache.commons.math4.analysis.solver")
>>

> This needs some dependencies in the Module
> *commons.Math4.differentiation*.
> But I couldn't find corresponding redesign in the commons.Numbers.

It has been put on the queue:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NUMBERS/issues/NUMBERS-69
but someone has to be willing to do the suggested work,
and stay around for support and maintenance...

But this dependency isn't required for porting most of the
solvers.  The "DerivativeStructure"-related code is only needed
for the current implementation of "NewtonRaphsonSolver" which
could be left behind until issue NUMBERS-69 is handled.

Regards,
Gilles