Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Diogo Matos <di...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/17 17:47:46 UTC

Continuations and Clustering/Session Replication - help

Hi all,

I have a environment where I run 2 tomcat cocoon instances using session
replication.

Using continuations I have a serious problem as I cannot replicate the
continuationID across the 2 cocoon instances.

Is there anyway of using continuations and replicate them across the 2
cocoon instances? Or am I forced to use sticky sessions only - which is a
bummer....

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you in advance
Diogo Matos

Re: Continuations and Clustering/Session Replication - help

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Diogo Matos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a environment where I run 2 tomcat cocoon instances using session
> replication.
>
> Using continuations I have a serious problem as I cannot replicate the
> continuationID across the 2 cocoon instances.
>
> Is there anyway of using continuations and replicate them across the 2
> cocoon instances? Or am I forced to use sticky sessions only - which is
> a bummer....
>
> Any help is appreciated!

It is a know and unfortunatly unsolved problem: see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1425

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: Continuations and Clustering/Session Replication - help

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Diogo Matos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a environment where I run 2 tomcat cocoon instances using
> session replication.
>
> Using continuations I have a serious problem as I cannot replicate the
> continuationID across the 2 cocoon instances.
>
> Is there anyway of using continuations and replicate them across the 2
> cocoon instances? Or am I forced to use sticky sessions only - which
> is a bummer....

AFAIK continuations are not being transfered. IIRC somebody started a
Wiki page on this in order to improve the situation, but I am not sure
if some actual progress was made.

Cheers

Michael

--