Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net> on 2008/01/02 06:35:11 UTC

SVN keywords on .apt files

Hi folks,

I just added the svn:keywords property to all our .apt files,
from which the website is generated. To make sure that new
.apt files are created with the correct properties, please
add the following line to your ~/.subversion/config file:

*.apt = svn:mime-type=text/plain;svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Date Author
Id Revision HeadURL

It's a single line, despite any line wrapping that the mailer
may perform. You can also copy the default entry for *.txt and
change the suffix to *.apt.

One of these days, we'll have to write developer documentation
that explains how to set up the environment.

cheers,
  Roland

Re: SVN keywords on .apt files

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 02/01/2008, Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I just added the svn:keywords property to all our .apt files,
> from which the website is generated. To make sure that new
> .apt files are created with the correct properties, please
> add the following line to your ~/.subversion/config file:
>
> *.apt = svn:mime-type=text/plain;svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Date Author
> Id Revision HeadURL
>
> It's a single line, despite any line wrapping that the mailer
> may perform. You can also copy the default entry for *.txt and
> change the suffix to *.apt.
>
> One of these days, we'll have to write developer documentation
> that explains how to set up the environment.

Could perhaps link to:

http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html

This contains a link to

http://www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt

which has various SVN defaults (but not APT - I'll add it shortly).