Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com> on 2011/03/25 00:19:27 UTC

0.10 release update - RC2 is out

Greetings.  This note will regrettably be a little brief.  It's busy
times!  Next week I will provide a more detailed overview of where we
stand.

The new RC2 distribution is available via the following link on our
release page[1]:

   http://people.apache.org/~astitcher/dist/qpid-0.10-rc2/

It's taken from revision 1084172 of our release branch.  As Rob very
sensibly suggested last week, I have restored the dotnet and ruby
artifacts that I removed in RC1.  Those will remain by default unless
there is a vote to remove them.

As to bugs, there are currently no blockers.  For a while it looked like
we may have two, but Robbie has determined (with meticulous care) that
they are not regressions.

Thanks, everyone,
Justin

---
[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/0.10+Release

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: 0.10 release update - RC2 is out

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@wso2.com>.
I created the following issue for tracking purposes.

Rajika

Posted by Robert Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
I have tested that the Java broker starts, the Java client works against it
using the Hello example, and the JMX management console loads and connects
to the broker.

I also ran RAT against the full release archive, the output is available
here: http://people.apache.org/~robbie/qpid/0.10/0.10rc2_rat_output.txt

Taking a quick look I spotted a source file (my bad..) and a doc file that
that should have licences and didn't, so I have added those on both trunk
and the 0.10 branch.

Robbie

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
I have identified a blocker for this release.
Please see QPID-3177 for details.

Rajith.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Justin,