Posted to dev@bval.apache.org by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> on 2010/09/28 18:40:30 UTC

Re: creating a branch

Hi Matt, looks like you've been making a lot of progress with this.

Any updates on the release schedule for the new commons-lang3?

Also how is commons-proxy2-stub being used in bval-jsr303d?  Is the
dynamic api prototype support, which could remain in sandbox after we
pull the commons-lang3 updates over into trunk?

-Donald

Re: creating a branch

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 28, 2010, at 11:40 AM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Hi Matt, looks like you've been making a lot of progress with this.

Yeah, I'm using this in $work on a mean deadline.  :)

> Any updates on the release schedule for the new commons-lang3?

:(  Perhaps I need to make a little noise there.

> Also how is commons-proxy2-stub being used in bval-jsr303d?

I created proxy2-stub to have a typesafe way of creating Annotation proxies, and went ahead and designed that on top of a more generic proxy stubbing mechanism.  As I have mentioned here and there the approach is inspired by Mockito's stubbing mechanisms.  I believe I first brought proxy2-stub into bval-jsr303d for convenience in creating unit tests:  especially considering that the domain explictly IS dynamic constraints, it seemed appropriate.  proxy2-stub became more of an optional dependency I suppose (and I'll mark it as such) when I began using it in the ConstraintAppender implementation for the dynamic Values and Values.Labeled constraints I baked into bval-jsr303d as a verification of the adequacy of the ConstraintAppender interface.

>  Is the
> dynamic api prototype support, which could remain in sandbox after we
> pull the commons-lang3 updates over into trunk?

I had a little trouble parsing that--I think you're asking could the dynamic stuff remain behind "on probation" in the sandbox after integrating the lang3 changes to the other modules.  I don't see why not--there should be no dependency on bval-jsr303d from any of the other modules.

-Matt