Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by va...@onvol.net on 2004/11/03 16:05:34 UTC

yoav, can u suggest something?

Hello everyone,

yoav, i have been reading many posts on this user list and i see that u have been solving many problems for people. thats why i put subject is on you :) to ask suggestion / hint on this.

I have a domain name and i am using no-ip software to bind my IP address (my ISP provides dynamic IP ) so, i have redirected my domain name: http://www.export4u.co.uk to micsexport.servepics.com
now problem is:
when u visit http://www.export4u.co.uk
u click on contact us section.
If a user refreshes a page, it takes back the user to the home page which is index page.
I think it has to do with redirection as i am redirected

i researched and found something below:

Can this be a problem ( can framesets be a problem in getting the home page again and again )

When I tried the URL the content
was served. This is what I got.

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:33:15 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.29 (Unix)
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

<HTML><HEAD>
<META NAME="description" content="">
<META NAME="keywords" content="">
<TITLE>www. Export4U.co.uk</TITLE>

</HEAD>
<FRAMESET ROWS="100%,*" BORDER="0" FRAMEBORDER="0">
<FRAME SRC="http://micsexport.servepics.com/"; SCROLLING="AUTO" NAME="bannerframe
" NORESIZE>
</FRAMESET>
<NOFRAMES>
www. Export4U.co.uk
<P>
<DIV ALIGN="CENTER"><A HREF="http://micsexport.servepics.com/">http://export4u.c
o.uk/</A></DIV>
</NOFRAMES>
</HTML>

any help or suggestion will be appreciated.
Thankx again.

Vaneet

Re: yoav, can u suggest something?

Posted by Peter Johnson <pe...@wizardslair.net>.
Hi Vaneet,

Rather than reiterate Yoav's comments I will simply suggest that you
learn a little about HTML and HTTP or even better RTFM.

Your site is operating within a frameset thus the URL in the browser
stays the same whilst the underlying URL for each page changes within a
frame. When someone refreshes the browser re-requests the the URL
displayed in the "Address Bar", thus your homepage reappears. It is
correct and expected behaviour.

PJ