Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Popat, Mrukant" <Mr...@in.nds.com> on 2005/07/19 09:51:53 UTC

Problem parsing file with encoding="IS0-8859-2"

Hi Community,

I am working on converting one XML file to another file format.
The source file is starts like this:-

While parsing this file I get this error:-
Fatal Error at file "filename.xml", line 1, column 44
   Message: An exception occurred! Type:TranscodingException,
Message:Could not create a converter for encoding: ISO-8859-2

When I change the source file start to :-

(notice the encoding...I have changed it to IS0-8859-1) the program
works properly...and I don't get any error.

Can any one tell me how do I still keep the program running using
ISO-8858-2 encoding.

Regards,
MRUKANT

Information contained in this email message is intended only for use of the
individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to
have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the
postmaster@in.nds.com and destroy the original message.

Re: Problem parsing file with encoding="IS0-8859-2"

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
Hi John,

At 13.26 19/07/2005 +0100, John O'Donnell wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Quick question about your email below if you dont mind me asking.
>How exactly do you rebuild Xerces so ICU becomes the transcoding engine?

If you are on a Unix platform, just make sure you set ICUROOT to the
location where ICU resides and then run runConfigure specifying the
option "-t icu"

Alberto

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
Hi Mrukant,

Posted by Tony Dodd <to...@btinternet.com>.
I assume you are on Linux not windows where this would be OK. You need to
build Xerces with the ICU transcoders.

Tony Dodd
Oxford University Research Technology Group

  _____