Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Rahul mahamna <ra...@appster.in> on 2016/06/21 05:22:45 UTC

Updates keywords automatically

Hi
I am working on apache storm to analyse real time tweets and other stuff. I am having a problem in making it automatic.
I am able to perform operation on real time tweets manually using storm but i am looking for something where i can make it automatic in storm itself. Whenever i am filtering a query using a particular keyword i have to make jar again and again to the right tweet. So if i will make it automatic then i have to make jar again and again for all the keywords which will take time and consume my base memory. So can you suggest me an option where i can directly insert my keyword to the same jar again and again to get real time tweets in no time. Or if you have any other option then please suggest me. Please reply

thank you
--

IMPORTANT: This message may contain privileged and confidential information
that is the property of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended

Re: Updates keywords automatically

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
It sounds like you want a generic BI tool built on top of storm.  I don't know of any.  Internally at Yahoo we use storm for BI in a number of different custom built ways, but nothing that generic, or that is likely to be released as open source.
 - Bobby

    On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:45 AM, Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

 There're several ways of doing this.

- Relying on external storage is the easiest and standard way to do it. If
you consider about latency you can add cache layer too.
- From Storm 1.0.0 you can use Distributed Cache API to store/update/read
your keyword file. Please refer
http://storm.apache.org/releases/1.0.1/distcache-blobstore.html for more
details.

Hope this helps.