Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by vivek sar <vi...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/24 04:59:50 UTC

Torque Connection pool .. ORA- 01453 - Set Transaction must be the first statement

Hi,

  I am having this weird problem. In case an "insert" query fails
(could be for any reason) in my case it is because of bad blocks on
db, the subsequent query (like a "select" statement) gives me,
       "ORA- 01453 - Set Transaction must be the first statement"

error message. Once I get this exception the connection associated
with this error gets frozen - it never gets released to the connection
pool. I've configured maxActive to be 20 connections, so after 20 of
these "ORA-01453" messages my application freezes and all other tasks
just keep waiting for the connection indefinitely.

I am using "SharedPool.." dbcp connection pool.

 I am not using Transaction explicitly in my code. To get connection I use,

      Torque.getConnection("xxxx");

I am not sure if this is a bug in torque or dbcp. On my code I don't
see any problem as I've the finally block where I close the connection
before exiting the method.

Does anyone has any experience with this ?

Thanks in advance.

-vivek