Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Bancel, Guillaume" <g....@quadient.com> on 2020/03/02 21:17:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Chrome update r80 and httpd process increase

Dear community,

With the latest release of Chrome version 80.0.3987.122 I can observe that the number of httpd processes has increased on my Linux Web server (Apache 2.2.15). When I start a web session from the browser I can see that the session stays "ESTABLISHED" (from netstat output) even if there's no request sent from the browser. This leads to fork a higher number of httpd processes and the only solution that I've found for the moment is to increase the ServerLimit/MaxClients.

I can't find any relationship between Chrome update and this behaviour, has anyone observed this and what could be the root cause?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,
Guillaume