Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by A....@CENIT.DE on 2002/04/25 11:38:26 UTC

tiff to pdf: getting empty pdf-focument

hello all,

I´m trying to convert a tiff to pdf. Fop(0.20.3 including Jimi) runs without
any errors but the resulting pdf-document is empty. All other formats
(gif,bmp etc) will succesfully rendered..
I tried this with many kinds of tiff-files: uncompressed, g3,  g4  etc. But
it always results in an empty pdf-document. So I thing it´s not a problem of
the type.
The line in the fo-file is: <fo:external-graphic src="C:/Logo.tif"/> But I
think thats right. May be I have to change something more than the
jimi-package-name in the source code?
Has anyone an idea? thx for your regard.

André

Re: tiff to pdf: getting empty pdf-focument

Posted by Nathan Carter <na...@gmx.net>.
Andre,

I'm new to Fop, but I've used ImageMagick/Ghostscript for this purpose
and gotten quite good results, especially with PDF compression enabled
(I'm assuming that you're talking about full-page TIFF --> PDF
conversion).  The "convert" module of ImageMagick is the one that you want.

Nathan