Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Thomas L. Bevan" <th...@toll.com.au> on 2003/05/05 12:20:43 UTC

Tomcat 4.1- Oracle Driver Incompatability

Hi,

I've noticed that there is a difference in the way Tomcat 4.1 and 4.0 seem to
maintain JDC Datasources.

4.1 seems to wrap all connections in its own custom wrapper. This is usually
fine but it prevents one from using the Oracle JDBC extensions.

I realise that it is still possible to get a reference to the wrapped object
but I would prefer not to do this explicitly, this this would involve a 2nd
non-standard method call.

My question then, is it possible to set up DataSources in the old Tomcat 4.0
fashion?

Tom