Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pplive <pp...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/21 06:35:59 UTC

MessageAuthorizationPolicy does not work??

		BrokerService service=BrokerFactory.createBroker(new
URI("xbean:activemq.xml"));
		service.setMessageAuthorizationPolicy(new MyMessageAuthorizationPolicy());

am I worong ??

Re: MessageAuthorizationPolicy does not work??

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 21/08/2007, pplive <pp...@gmail.com> wrote:

>                 BrokerService service=BrokerFactory.createBroker(new
> URI("xbean:activemq.xml"));
>                 service.setMessageAuthorizationPolicy(new MyMessageAuthorizationPolicy());
>
> am I worong ??

That looks right to me.
--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: MessageAuthorizationPolicy does not work??

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 17/01/2008, jvr <jv...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> James.Strachan wrote:

> >> Does this work yet?
> >
> > Yes - its fixed in trunk now.
> >

> Perfect - is it in Maven somewhere?  I just tried 5.1-SNAPSHOT and it
> doesn't seem to work.  I'm configuring it through Spring and I know it's at
> least loading the class because if I pass it a
> non-MessageAuthorizationPolicy bean it balks.  But messages still seem to
> get through without going through the policy.

Its in subversion so far - it'll hit the snapshot next build.

> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> >> Either I'm not using it right, or it's still broken in
> >> 5.0.0 which is a little disappointing considering there's a bug 775 with
> >> near exact details on what's wrong and how to fix.
> >>
> >> As a side question, does anybody implement a trusted host based model for
> >> controlling access to an ActiveMQ broker?  I can't find any information
> >> on
> >> how to do this.  The MessageAuthorizationPolicy seemed promising, but I
> >> can't get it to work as explicitly documented.  I also see no way to get
> >> the
> >> sending host from the message once delivered to the consumer, but I'm new
> >> JMS so maybe it's something simple.
> >
> > Yes, its something simple - but needs to be enabled...
> >
> > http://activemq.apache.org/jmsxuserid.html
> >

> This is useful, but ideally I would like to know the IP address or hostname
> of the host that sent the message.  I basically want to have a simple static
> list of "allow these hosts to talk to the broker, disallow these hosts".  I
> would much prefer this be done at the application level and not the network
> level via an e.g. firewall.

We'd need an extension for the broker to record the users IP address /
hostname which shouldn't be too hard.

Fancy submitting a patch?
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/contributing.html

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: MessageAuthorizationPolicy does not work??

Posted by jvr <jv...@yahoo.com>.

James.Strachan wrote:

>> Either I'm not using it right, or it's still broken in
>> 5.0.0 which is a little disappointing considering there's a bug 775 with
>> near exact details on what's wrong and how to fix.
>>
>> As a side question, does anybody implement a trusted host based model for
>> controlling access to an ActiveMQ broker?  I can't find any information
>> on
>> how to do this.  The MessageAuthorizationPolicy seemed promising, but I
>> can't get it to work as explicitly documented.  I also see no way to get
>> the
>> sending host from the message once delivered to the consumer, but I'm new
>> JMS so maybe it's something simple.
>
> Yes, its something simple - but needs to be enabled...
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/jmsxuserid.html

This is useful, but ideally I would like to know the IP address or hostname
of the host that sent the message.  I basically want to have a simple static
list of "allow these hosts to talk to the broker, disallow these hosts".  I
would much prefer this be done at the application level and not the network
level via an e.g. firewall.

Thanks for your help!

Re: MessageAuthorizationPolicy does not work??

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 17/01/2008, jvr <jv...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> pplive wrote:
> >
> >               BrokerService service=BrokerFactory.createBroker(new
> > URI("xbean:activemq.xml"));
> >               service.setMessageAuthorizationPolicy(new
> > MyMessageAuthorizationPolicy());
> >
> > am I worong ??
> >

> Does this work yet?

Yes - its fixed in trunk now.

Posted by jvr <jv...@yahoo.com>.

pplive wrote:

> 		BrokerService service=BrokerFactory.createBroker(new
> URI("xbean:activemq.xml"));
> 		service.setMessageAuthorizationPolicy(new
> MyMessageAuthorizationPolicy());
>
> am I worong ??

Does this work yet?  Either I'm not using it right, or it's still broken in