Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by da...@gmail.com on 2008/04/17 08:17:59 UTC

How to: diff working copy with URL

Suppose I have a locally modified file in trunk, and I want to compare it
against that same file but in a given branch (i.e a different URL)

How can I do this? Of course, without having to checkout the said branch to
compare files locally...

I keep getting errors like this: 'svn: Target lists to diff may not contain
both working copy paths and URLs'

Re: How to: diff working copy with URL

Posted by Lorenz <lo...@yahoo.com>.
dariomt@gmail.com wrote:
>Suppose I have a locally modified file in trunk, and I want to compare it
>against that same file but in a given branch (i.e a different URL)
>
>How can I do this? Of course, without having to checkout the said branch to
>compare files locally...
>
>I keep getting errors like this: 'svn: Target lists to diff may not contain
>both working copy paths and URLs'

have you tried the "svn diff --old=... --new=..." variant?
--

Lorenz