Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> on 2015/03/26 12:28:19 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1669287 - /incubator/ignite/site/trunk/download-mirrors.html

On 26.03.2015 08:47, dsetrakyan@apache.org wrote:
> Author: dsetrakyan
> Date: Thu Mar 26 07:47:28 2015
> New Revision: 1669287

Well, in my opinion, the source download should be first on the page,
not the binaries. Binaries are not official releases; the sources are.
We should be encouraging people to use the sources.

-- Brane

Re: svn commit: r1669287 - /incubator/ignite/site/trunk/download-mirrors.html

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 26.03.2015 18:55, Valentin Kulichenko wrote:
> I think we should modify the build procedure of source package so that
> ignite.properties is augmented there as well. This way user will be able to
> build binary package from downloaded source zip.
>
> Actually it seems incorrect to ship source package with DEV version of
> ignite.properties, because it is based on specific revision.

I agree.

Posted by Valentin Kulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.

--
Val

Posted by Valentin Kulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
And by the way, the binary package which is currently on site, was built
from the exactly same source that on the vote. The only difference is that
we had to execute Maven command from Git root directory, not from unzipped
source package. This is fixed now.

--
Val

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 27.03.2015 00:21, Valentin Kulichenko wrote:
> I made a fix in sprint-2 - binary package can be built without Git now
> (revision will be 'n/a').

Nice.

Have you considered scripting the process of creating the source package
from Git so that you do get a valid revision and/or tag name from the
build? That would certainly help in tracking down issues raised by users.

-- Brane

Posted by Valentin Kulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.