Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Joe Shomphe <js...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/11 21:08:39 UTC

maven test and eclipse.dependency=true

Our current project uses a combo of eclipse + maven for editing/compiling.

For the plain old java projects (no xdoclet, etc), we allow eclipse to
handle compiling the source files.  All dependencies for these
projects are referred to with:
<eclipse.dependency>true</eclipse.dependency>

I was hoping that when maven -Dgoal=test multiproject:goal is
executed, the eclipse dependencies would be included.  This does not
seem to be happening, since for the project in question, we are
getting the following error:

The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependency:

Core-0.0.jar

Our project is structured like this:

Core
Business

where business depends on Core, and Core depends on nothing.

The dependency from Business to Core looks like this:

 <dependency>
      <groupId>my_project</groupId>
      <artifactId>Core</artifactId>
      <version>${pom.currentVersion}</version>
      <type>jar</type>
      <properties>
        <ear.bundle>true</ear.bundle>
        <eclipse.dependency>true</eclipse.dependency>
      </properties>
    </dependency>

Is there a way to get the maven:test goal to use the eclipse compiled
classes (which are in the same target directory that Maven would put
them in) rather than looking for the jar in the repository?

Thanks for any help

Re: maven test and eclipse.dependency=true

Posted by Joe Shomphe <js...@gmail.com>.
Well, I can partly answer my own question.  The eclipse.dependency
property is only really used by the maven-eclipse-plugin to generate
the .project files, etc.