Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Tom Henricksen <To...@A-t-g.com> on 2008/04/01 17:09:37 UTC

iBatis using Tomcat JNDI, Now DB unit Tests???

We have been using the Simple datasource in iBatis and had unit test
that would tap into this for DB testing.  Now we are moving to using the
container for Datasource and I am unsure of how to do DB testing without
starting up the container (tomcat on developer's machine).  How do
people do DB unit test in this situation?  I am open to any ideas.

Thanks,

Tom Henricksen
Consultant
Advanced Technologies Group, Inc.

1601 48th Street, Suite 220

West Des Moines, IA 50265

*  Office:     (515) 221-9344 Ext 138

*  Fax:         (515) 221-1266
* Email:     tomh@a-t-g.com

Re: iBatis using Tomcat JNDI, Now DB unit Tests???

Posted by Christopher Lamey <cl...@localmatters.com>.
I use Spring's SimpleNamingContextBuilder to create my own JNDI DataSources
outside of a container.

You might also want to look at DBUnit and hsqldb.