Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Timothy Wonil Lee <ti...@koorong.com.au> on 2007/11/05 07:48:23 UTC

Tomcat 6.0.14 PersistentManager/JDBCStore

Greetings, all

I might be completely off track (hope not!), but I am trying to achieve
session replication by using JDBCStore and PersistentManager with a shared
database.
I noticed that the sessions are not persisted in database until I stop the
application (or stop Tomcat) and this is a problem for me since I want to
use this session replication as a mean to clustering. (instead of using
SimpleTcpCluster)

Has anybody succeeded using database as session storage while having several
tomcat instances sharing one? (and achieving clustering in effect?)

My configs:
Tomcat 6.0.14
Java 6
DB: mysql 5

context.xml used in my application

<Context path="/LocalhostTest" distributable="true">
  <Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager"
           saveOnRestart="true" >
    <Store className="org.apache.catalina.session.JDBCStore"
           driverName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
           connectionName="sessionManager"
           connectionPassword="smPassword"
           connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/sessions"
           sessionAppCol="app_name"
           sessionDataCol="session_data"
           sessionIdCol="session_id"
           sessionLastAccessedCol="last_access"