Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by Roman Shtykh <rs...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/02/22 08:18:21 UTC

Accepting contributions with Javadoc comments

Folks,
The current codebase has too few comments and not so many unit tests, and therefore it is pretty hard to understand the intentions of developers on their code (and figure out if a fix/improvement is needed, and so on).
I realize we cannot start commenting on all the code now, but how about accepting pull requests only if all newly-introduced or significantly modified public methods and classes have informative Javadoc comments, in addition to unit tests, where applicable?Writing comments on the code you understand is pretty easy, and it saves some time to others.
Roman

Re: Accepting contributions with Javadoc comments

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1 to have more documentation.

Best Regards!
---------------------

Luke Han

Posted by chandresh pancholi <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I think we need to set up a fast track to accept the PR of adding Javadoc
or other comments.
As those change would break the CI build and it should be safe if we review
the comments after merging.

Willem Jiang

          http://jnn.iteye.com  (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang