Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Joel Rosi-Schwartz <jo...@etish.org> on 2003/07/31 17:32:53 UTC

Is the command line tool working with remote database

Hi,

I am moving over from Xindice 1.0 to 1.1. I have pulled down Head, build
20030627 and b2 from cvs.  I have experienced various problems with all
three.

Presently I am testing against build 20030627 and I have discovered that
the war must be installed as Xindice.war (note the capital 'X') or the
command line tool will not even speak to it. I have been unsuccessful in
using either the -u or --uri flags. From the debug statements that I put
into .../xmlrpc/CollectionImpl these do not seem have any affect. In all
cases the the default uri of http://localhost:8080/Xindice seems to be used.

Once I figured this out I have tried various commands to list
collections and add a collect, e.g.

    xindice ld -c /db -n system
    xindice ld -c /db -n /system
    xindice ld -c /db -n /db/system
    xindice ac -c /db -n test
    xindice ac -c /db -n /test
    xindice ac -c /db -n /db/test

In the cases for listing a collection I get back an error code of 0 and
the usage message. In the cases for listing a collection I get back an
error code of 127 and the usage message.

Am I just being thick or is the tool broken at the moment?

Thanks,
Joel

Re: Is the command line tool working with remote database

Posted by Joel Rosi-Schwartz <Jo...@Etish.org>.

James Youngman wrote:

>On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 04:32:53PM +0100, Joel Rosi-Schwartz wrote:
>

>>In the cases for listing a collection I get back an error code of 0 and
>>the usage message. In the cases for listing a collection I get back an
>>error code of 127 and the usage message.
>>

>I get the same effect with the 1.0 release with JDK 1.3.1 on both
>Linux and on Windows 2000.  I haven't checked the return values

Just for the record, I am on Linux 8.x and using jdk 1.4.1. I thought
that the problems were specific to the 1.1 beta, but possibly from your
experience they go back further to 1.0.  I am seriously wondering if
anybody is using the command line tool anymore or is it dead wood at
this point.  If so, possibly it would be better to remove it from the
distribution or at least document the deficiencies rather than have a
lot of people be frustrated and wasting time.

Posted by Joel Rosi-Schwartz <Jo...@Etish.org>.

Posted by James Youngman <ja...@gnu.org>.

--
James Youngman.