Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Dave Wellman <da...@tynt.com> on 2010/10/20 16:58:09 UTC

JUnit & Pig Script

All,

I have a solution for writing unit test in Java to test pig scripts including stats and output if anyone is interested.

Re: JUnit & Pig Script

Posted by Romain Rigaux <ro...@gmail.com>.
Yes it was started with 0.7 and improved for 0.8. It is based on GruntParser
and PigServer interfaces which did not change too much I think and it is
rather simple overall.

We did a recent
cleanup<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-1600?focusedCommentId=12922785&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#action_12922785>
and
there is some XML<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/pig/branches/branch-0.8/src/docs/src/documentation/content/xdocs/pigunit.xml?view=markup>documentation.

Feel free to post your solution. We can work and see how we could integrate
it or if it is better.

Romain

Re: JUnit & Pig Script

Posted by Dave Wellman <da...@tynt.com>.

Re: JUnit & Pig Script

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.

Re: JUnit & Pig Script

Posted by Josh Devins <in...@joshdevins.net>.

Re: JUnit & Pig Script

Posted by Dave Wellman <da...@tynt.com>.

Re: JUnit & Pig Script

Posted by Josh Devins <in...@joshdevins.net>.

RE: JUnit & Pig Script

Posted by Brian Adams <Br...@chacha.com>.
I think everyone would be fairly interested....

Re: JUnit & Pig Script

Posted by Matt Davies <ma...@mattdavies.net>.
me, me me. you rock. thanks!

I have a solution for writing unit test in Java to test pig scripts including stats and output if anyone is interested.