Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Craig Longman <cr...@begeek.com> on 2002/09/09 22:04:29 UTC

CoyoteConnector not respecting 'port' attribute

hi.

after many hours of frustration trying to get the fancy new admin tool
working, i finally tracked it down to a problem with the CoyoteConnector
not respecting the 'port' attribute in the Connector element in
server.xml

the full entry is:

            enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
            useURIValidationHack="false"
       protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"/>

this works fine, except my workers.props needs to point to port 8009,
and the catalina.out file has this entry:

[INFO] ChannelSocket - -JK2: ajp13 listening on tcp port 8009

this is with:

jakarata-tomcat 4.1.10
jakarta-tomcat-connectors 4.1.10

btw, it appears that the Ajp13Connector is not compatible with the new
admin webapp, i was getting this error on startup:

  java.lang.Exception: ManagedBean is not found with Ajp13Connector

now that i've resolved that problem, and figured out why the coyote
couldn't connect previously, all appears to be working well.

hope this helps,

--

    CraigL->Thx();
    Be Developer ID: 5852

Re: CoyoteConnector not respecting 'port' attribute

Posted by Craig Longman <cr...@begeek.com>.
On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 16:09, Remy Maucherat wrote:
> You have to use the jk2.properties to configure the port for JK2.
>
> Some real documentation for JK 2 is coming soon.

actually, i thought about that, then i noticed that the jk2.properties
file had the line:

# channelSocket.port=8019

which made me think that the default (if the jk2.properties was used)
would be 8019, not 8009.  perhaps that could/should be changed also.

anyway, uncommenting that and putting in the desired port worked,
thanks.  perhaps the 'port' attribute should be made illegal in the
Context.element then, if its going to be ignored in the future.  or is
this just a temporary thing while jk2 matures?

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Craig Longman wrote:
> hi.
>
> after many hours of frustration trying to get the fancy new admin tool
> working, i finally tracked it down to a problem with the CoyoteConnector
> not respecting the 'port' attribute in the Connector element in
> server.xml
>
> the full entry is:
>
>  <Connector className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector"
>             port="8213" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
>             enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
>             acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="20000"
>             useURIValidationHack="false"
>        protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"/>
>
> this works fine, except my workers.props needs to point to port 8009,
> and the catalina.out file has this entry:
>
> [INFO] ChannelSocket - -JK2: ajp13 listening on tcp port 8009
>

> this is with:
>
> jakarata-tomcat 4.1.10
> jakarta-tomcat-connectors 4.1.10
>
> btw, it appears that the Ajp13Connector is not compatible with the new
> admin webapp, i was getting this error on startup:
>
>   java.lang.Exception: ManagedBean is not found with Ajp13Connector
>
> now that i've resolved that problem, and figured out why the coyote
> couldn't connect previously, all appears to be working well.

You have to use the jk2.properties to configure the port for JK2.

Some real documentation for JK 2 is coming soon.

Remy