Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Simon McClenahan <si...@stellent.com> on 2002/04/05 18:56:31 UTC

Return namespace retNS ?

I just compiled the latest and greatest Axis from CVS as of about 30
minutes ago, and I tried to run AdminClient sending to Tomcat server. I
configured Tomcat to use Crimson, Xerces and Xerces2, and they all come
up with the same SAXException (slightly different messages)

For Xerces2
- Exception:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Fatal Error: URI=null Line=17: The value of
the attrib
ute "xmlns:retNS" is invalid. Prefixed namespace bindings may not be
empty.

My deploy.wsdd generated by WSDL2Java has

  <service name="xxxPort" provider="java:RPC">
      <parameter name="className" value="xxx.xxxBindingImpl"/>
      <operation name="cancel" returnQName="retNS:result"
xmlns:retNS="">

In fact, all my operations that do not have an OUT parameter declare
this invalid retNS namespace.

Another bug in WSDL2Java!

cheers,
	Simon